Schools and Worn Up
Worn Up Program:
This program is currently on pause as we have a lot of exciting activities happening over the next 6 months!
In the meantime, we would like to congratulate multiple councils schools on completing their first year on the program! It has been an amazing process to see the school communities respond to this service being placed in their schools.
Next steps for Worn Up Textile Rescue Program
The schools will be on pause until 2023. We have almost met our target and are moving locations to focus more energy on our manufacturing process. Below is a form for schools to express their interest in coming on the program in January.
If your school is keen to start this initiative then we suggest start collecting now. We will be able to book in collections from early January.
About the Program
Where to begin!
Start to collect all the un-wearable or un-saleable uniforms. Then once you have enough to fill a box email us and we will organise a collection for you!
We believe it is important that all schools, no matter the size, can help reduce textile waste! We are currently pausing our collections, but if you are looking for more information please get in touch with us on our contact page.
What we offer:
- Collections for schools across Australia: We are currently working with schools from all across Australia, rural and metro! Pricing depends on location.
- Textile Rescue Pod (optional): Get a collection Pod that will be put into your schools uniform shop. This is a great visualisation tool for the students to engage with textile recycling!
- Responsible Textile Disposal Certificate: This certificate indicates the exact amount of textiles you have diverted from landfill!
- Uniform Changeover Services: We offer bulk collections for uniform change overs to help schools divert all the old uniforms from landfill!
How it works:
1. You start collecting:
2. We collect
3. We REFORM
Some more information before you start:
- Textiles must be in boxes that are equal to or below 50cm x 50cm x 40cm to be collected.
- We can't take shoes, bags or underwear at this time. We hope in the near future we can provide this service for you!
Expression of interest form: